Wednesday, May 2, 2012

FO: The Glass Tiles Blouse (& MMM Days 1-2)

Here's the blouse I made over the weekend:

It's the Colette Violet, made up in Michael Miller's Glass Tiles cotton. (Oh yeah, look at that bedhead! I'm working from home today, so that shit ain't going anywhere.)

I liked making this blouse: it was quick and pretty painless. I left out the facings (I hate them--I really hope Colette stops using them at some point), and ended up botching the bias-bound neckline. It's totally wearable, just a little janky and needs special ironing. No biggie.

I'm not completely convinced about the shape of this pattern. It's obviously meant to be a kind of smock, but that's not too flattering. I may end up adding some darts at the front waist like Lauren did.

Anyway, here the blouse is paired with my denim Ginger skirt. And also my new Puma ballet flats! Why yes, I did have light grey and neon green shoes in my closet, just waiting to be worn with this blouse!


For the first day of MMM, I also wore a Ginger, in gray broadcloth:


This one was paired with a teal Renfrew made of some super-soft vintage acrylic. It was pretty comfy, though I totally underdressed for our Chicago spring weather.

3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see that Violet blouse since you first posted it, so I'm glad you started with that one! Such lovely fabric! Love those shoes too! I think I'm going to have to make a plain denim Ginger . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I basically want to come down to Chi-town and steal that whole first outfit off your body...they both look really great! Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, we have the same name! (I was so confused for a second...) Anyway, thanks! Fabric.com still has the Glass Tiles fabric for sale (and the 6oz stretch denim, actually). I say go for it.

      Delete