On the docket for this weekend:
- Finishing the seersucker blouse that I didn't finish earlier in the week.
- Sewing a toile of the Colette Crepe, with lined bodice instead of those awful facings.
- Knitting the sleeves of my Miette cardigan.
Since it's the weekend and I'm letting my hair down, here are some random thoughts going through my head:
- Seriously, facings suck.
- UFOs are several hundred times harder to finish than normal sewing projects. Stupid inertia.
- I'm not a huge fan of knitting on DPNs. My enthusiasm for the Miette has started to flag.
- Sewing buddies rock! I met the lovely Gail of Today's Agenda for coffee last night and we totally nerded out about sewing and knitting. It was awesome.
- I think I might have enough separates to get through Me-Made May without repeating any outfits. Haven't decided yet whether to actually try.
- With this morning's yarn.com order, I am officially at maximum yarnpacity. No more buying until I've finished several projects. (The order was warranted because I'm making a sweater for my bf so that I'll have an on-the-go knitting project. So I had to buy exactly the colors he wanted. Then I had to pad my order to get the biggest discount. So, really, I saved money. *rolls eyes*)
- I desperately miss my standing desk! I'm heading to Ikea tonight to buy the materials to hack one together. Sitting all the time makes me feel gross.
- The "sewing queue" pages that I've seen on some blogs recently are really cool. Might have to add one of those myself.
Here are my outfits from the last two days:
|Sencha blouse in vintage poly and Ginger skirt in lightweight stretch denim|
|Renfrew test garment in lightweight nylon and Simplicity 7134 skirt in vintage double-knit|
And finally: The world lost someone really fucking cool yesterday. MCA, you had more spice than the Frugal Gourmet. We'll miss you.