Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Miette Has Begun

Yesterday I cast on my second-ever knitting project: the Miette cardigan, by Andi Satterlund of Untangling Knots. Since my first project was the Anthro-Inspired Scarflet, this is my first piece of clothing. So ... trepidation.

I'm using the only yarn I had on hand:


It's Luna Paints, which is 100% cotton, which I don't really like. There's not much give (which I guess is how cotton rolls), and it just doesn't feel as nice to knit with as a wool blend. But the colors are pretty, and I paid a lot of money for it, so it seems best to use it up. (Right? Or should I just get something else and save this for some crappy project?)

Anyway, here's my Miette progress so far:


It definitely requires more focus than the scarflet did, but it's still easier than I expected. I did have to restart once after I had knitted the first two rows, because (duh) I didn't know that yarn-over isn't actually a stitch, it's just a maneuver you do between stitches. (Yeah, I'm that much of a beginner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment