Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Angst of Successful Weight Loss

I've lost about 25 pounds since Halloween. I feel great and look a lot better, and am now about a third of the way to my goal weight. I also have almost nothing to wear.

From what I can tell, I've gone down two sizes. And for whatever reason, it's really important to me to not buy any more RTW clothing. (Not sure why, but I'm mulishly refusing to do so.) So I'm pretty much down to the few sewing projects I've finished this year and the RTW clothes that used to be too small to wear.

To help me keep track of what needs to be replaced, I took pics of each main piece of clothing (not workout pants, t-shirts, pajamas, that kind of thing). Here they are:


The post-its say whether they fit well, are baggy, need to be finished, or need to go away. Looks like a nice lot of skirts, right? Wrong. Two are too big and four (FOUR!) need work before they can be worn. The three reliable ones are two Gingers and a circle skirt. One of the blouses is also a WIP. (I'm not so good at finishing my projects.)

What's the point of all this? Well, today I decided to get rid of all my baggy clothes. That'd be all my pajama pants, two of the five finished skirts shown above (if you're curious, they're the second and third from the right in the middle row), my only tank top, the last pair of RTW trousers from my closet, and some underpants. My only pair of RTW jeans went away last week, too.

I'm hoping a few good things will come out of doing this:

  1. I'll be more comfortable and feel less frumpy. I've lost a lot of weight, after all, and I should feel good!
  2. I'll be more motivated to keep losing--and keep looking forward instead of feeling stuck in the past.
  3. It'll be easier to plan what to sew next, because I won't be hanging on to a bunch of stuff that only half works.
  4. I'll be extremely motivated to sew, so that I can have something to wear.
Wish me luck! Me-Made May is gonna be ... interesting.

1 comment: