Thursday, April 26, 2012

Darmok & Jalad at Tanagra

Today was my last lesson with my much-beloved piano teacher, who is moving to Houston. We had only worked together for 8 months, but it was a great relationship and I would have liked to work with him for years and years. Sigh. And yes, I did spend the afternoon face down in cupcakes and pita chips to console myself. Thanks for asking.

I found out just last week that he and I are both fans of Star Trek: The Next Generation. That made it easy to decide on a going-away present. Remember this episode?


We eventually find out that "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" means working together to meet a common goal. Teamwork, essentially. So I turned it into this:


What better way to show my appreciation for a fantastic teacher?

No comments:

Post a Comment