Sunday, March 25, 2012

OWOP Day 2

I loved this outfit! The shirt was my first attempt at sewing knits on my serger ... and it came out great! The fabric is some kind of lightweight rayon. I chose not to topstitch around the neckline, cuffs, and waist, because the stitching keeps coming out tight and bunchy. No idea what I'm doing wrong, so I'll have to experiment.

The skirt is a pinwale corduroy plaid, with a grid of small flowers laid over the plaid. I cut it on the bias to make version 3 of the Ginger. Had some adventures there! At first, the pattern was mismatched on the center front seam. I was able to match it properly by taking about an inch out of that seam, then using tiny seam allowances on the sides.

Source: fabric.com via Alicia on Pinterest


This skirt actually needs some more work. I somehow managed to sew the top of the zipper to the inside of the waistband (yeah, I wore it held together with just safety pin). And the zipper is fubar. I'll be using Sunni's tutorial to reinsert it properly.

I love how OWOP is encouraging me to actually wear some of my jewelry! This necklace is a vintage glass number full of what I think are oranges, orange blossoms, and leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment